You are probably thinking that you should be well on the road to attaining the success that you have worked so long and so hard to attain. But, in all actuality, are you truly ready to receive your success, even though you have been saying that you want it and you’ve been looking forward to receiving it for many years? When it comes to the topic of success, you might want to ask yourself a few questions. Some of these questions are: ‘How do I define success?’ ‘What does success look like for/to me?’ And, ‘Why haven’t I attained the success I would like to attain?’ As well as, ‘What do I need to do differently in order to believe that I am successful?’
Success is an internal state of mind and a state of being. Too often, as human beings, we use external perspectives and material things to determine our level of success. We many times mistake material things as being the true and ultimate measure of our success. But, in reality, success is an inner state of being that grows and permeates your entire being, manifesting into the material and external attributes seen by others.
If your success is measured by the job position you hold, the car you drive, the clothes you wear, the man/woman you are with, the house you live in, the money in your bank account, as well as other material things; you have a problem. If and when these things and people are no longer in your life, you will then consider yourself a failure. And if you lack love for yourself, you don’t know how to accept yourself, and be with yourself, you are not successful. If success is a sense of being, YOU ARE SUCCESS and you are SUCCESSFUL!
The external and material things that you amass, only serve to elevate you to a new economic, social, political, and emotional level. However, they do not determine your level of success; you do! And if these material and external things and people no longer exist (which at some point they won’t), because you are grounded in your internal state of being, you will still exist, with a new sense of direction, a new plan of action, and a new sense of accomplishment, manifesting itself into an internal and external level of success.
Material things will fade away. However, the love and acceptance that you have for you will last forever! By the mere fact that you are who you are, dictates that you are successful! As a matter of fact, it is your internal love, your self-acceptance, as well as your self-confidence that permeates from the inside, empowering you to attain the material wealth you will eventually gain on the outside. Once you realize that YOU ARE SUCCESS, you will come to recognize and realize that no one…I mean no one can take your success from you. “YOUR success is YOUR success!
As you are aware, success can be a lonely place. You have been looking for your success, expecting it to come at any minute, but you’ve also struggled to get your mind right in preparation to receive it. I am sure that you have asked yourself, ‘Am I truly ready for success?’ ‘What will I do with it when I get it?’ ‘How will others view me once I become successful?’ ‘Will I have to share my success with others; and if so, how will I determine who they are?’
In order to recognize and behold the success that is inherently yours, you must stop looking at what you consider to be the success of others, in order to measure your level of success. For some of you, success occurred by happenstance; you weren’t expecting it. You knew that you wanted something(s) better and different in and around your life, and success just happened.
Yes, there were many who inherited material wealth and saw it as success. But the true measure of success is what comes through you…your mind, your heart, your spirit, and the work of your hands.
Successful people have taken the tools and information that they have gathered from other people and situations, as well as their own experiences to catapult them to various levels. They believed in their internal strength, in order for them to dream and imagine where they are, where they are going and the trajectory for which they would like to reach. Successful people have also developed plans for what they could have and want to have on the outside. They also had specific, realistic, written, and attainable goals and plans, with timelines.
When it comes to you recognizing and beholding your success in life, I am sure that you have struggled with additional questions, as well as various levels of fear and/or anxiety; so much so, that you will either miss it when it arrives; you will feel guilty about having it; or you will sabotage your chances of receiving your success. Hence, it is time for you to realize that if you have worked hard to accomplish your success, and you did not take anything from anyone or step on the heads and hands of others in order for you to gain your success, you have nothing to fear and you have nothing to feel guilty about. Also, it is time for you to realize that not everyone is meant to journey with you on your road to success or join you at the end of the road when you receive and celebrate your success.
It is time for you to rid yourself of the guilt and fear regarding the success you attain in life. You must also learn to recognize the people, situations, and circumstances that can contribute to you sabotaging the success that is meant for you. It is also time for you to make guilt-free decisions about the people you take with you and the ones you leave behind, on your road to success. Yes, you might want to take some of your family members with you, some of your friends with you, as well as a partner who has been a liability, not an asset. However, you must weigh your options and decide who are the people you want to sit at your ‘board of directors table.’ There should be a limited number of seats at your table. The seats you fill with others should be indicative of people who recognize that “Your Success is Your Success!” There is no place for jealousy and haters at your board of directors table or along your success journey.
You can relinquish any guilt that you might have about those who will engage in your success circle, once you have actually reached the level of success you have worked hard to attain, as defined by you, and only you. Get ready, get ready; YOUR success is knocking at YOUR door! Will you hear it, see it, and receive it?! GO GET IT!!
Steps to take in recognizing that “Your Success is Your Success”
1. Love you first. It is imperative that you have a relationship with you before you will be able to recognize your inner success and attain your external and material success.
2. Be yourself. Perpetrating a fraud never works! If you have to change who you are in order for you to reach your goals and declare yourself as successful, you will never be successful, because you will have walked in the footsteps of others and not your own. And they were probably perpetrating also.
3. Be specific about what you are looking for and expecting as you seek your success. Your needs and wants are imperative to attaining your success. You must have a specific, written, plan of action, which includes, realistic and attainable goals, timelines, and a contingency plan. If you are not sure as to what you are looking for on your road to success, you will probably settle for anything.
4. Decide the people you need to keep and those you need to eliminate on your success journey. Recognize that some people will be assets and some will be liabilities. But the greatest recognition is that everyone cannot journey with you, especially the liability placeholders.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Recognize the people in a position to help you along your journey and don’t be afraid to ask for help. You don’t know everything and everyone; and that’s okay!
6. Recognize who got you to where you are and where you are going and don’t ever forget or hesitate to do so privately and publicly! It is imperative that you recognize the power greater than you on a daily basis. This recognition includes you engaging in daily prayer and thanksgiving, before your success journey begins, on the journey to your success, and most certainly, praying continuously after you have attained your success. Trust God!
©2017; J. Morley Productions, Inc.; P. O. Box 1745; Decatur, GA 30031; 770-808-6570; www.doctorjoyce.com